The Applications and Web Developer position performs work at the direction of the IT Manager to include planning, design, development, testing, and implementation of various software applications, as well as, responsibilities maintaining hardware systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, designs, develops systems analysis functions required to create new computer or web based applications programs or install and implement software purchased from outside vendors
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications programs and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs; reviews requests for program changes required to meet company needs
- Reviews the design layout for programs required for special projects
- Provides technical assistance departments in the development of special hardware or software systems required to implement or revise programs
- Troubleshoots hardware and software failure to determine causes for system failure and to implement solutions
- Maintains core product software and databases
- Provides technical information and advice to the IT Manager regarding network interconnections and overall data processing plans
- Reviews performance of applications programs to ensure program efficiency, program documentation, and to ensure that output meets the needs of the company.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Creates Visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation
- Other related task as assigned by the IT Manager or Director of Administration
Skills and Qualifications:
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Familiarity with development frameworks CakePHP, Bootstrap and JQuery
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with MySQL/MS SQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Experience using InfoPath and SharePoint Designer to customize SharePoint content
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting. Drug screening required.
Up to 20% travel is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- One or more years of experience in Applications/ PHP Web
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience with MVC architectural patterns
- Understanding/Experience with authentication methods, SSO, OATH, SAML, LDAP